The system of a central vacuum cleaner comprises various parts. A lot of times, certain difficulties may arise in any of these parts, which can lead to the inefficiency of the vacuum. In such a case, your machine would be very unlikely to function as it should and clean the area properly.
This is certainly a big issue, but before you call a professional, there may be some tips that can help you get rid of your problem. In this article, we are going to talk about central vacuum troubleshooting tips.
Central Vacuum Troubleshooting
In this section, let’s discuss the common problems that your central vacuum cleaner can get and how you can solve them:
1. The first step calls for emptying the dust canister of your vacuum if the problem incurred is reduced suction. You should clean the filters as well. Replace them if required. Moreover, check the vacuum’s an outside vent to see if it is clean.
2. Now, take a quick look at all the attachments to see if they are broken or clogged. Check the vacuum belt. If it is broken, replace it.
3. Then, check the hose and see if there are any clogs that won’t allow the vacuum to pick up dust particles. To clean the hose, take off all the attachments and take a garden hose to push through the vacuum hose. Doing so will remove all the lint trapped inside the hose.
4. Check the vacuum for any clogs and suck them through the outlet to unclog your vacuum cleaner.
5. Check all the electrical connections and the outlets of your vacuum to see if there’s any component that isn’t working at all. Check if anything is burnt or broken. Contact a professional if necessary.
6. If the vacuum still won’t work, locate the motor’s reset button and press it. This should make the vacuum cleaner turn on.
7. Lastly, the vacuum’s motor should cycle off. If that isn’t the case, you should call a professional for help as a malfunctioning relay switch may be at fault.
Benefits of a Central Vacuum Cleaner
Following are a few benefits of a central vacuum cleaner:
Central vacuum cleaners come equipped with a capable and effective filtration system that easily filters out huge amounts of allergens and dust.
Central vacuum cleaners are highly durable as they can last for as long as 30-40 years. You’ll only have to maintain the vacuum and take care of replacing the bags, filters, and other vacuum parts whenever necessary.
Central vacuum cleaners are usually very quiet. This is because their motor is remotely located, making them comfortable to use for you and everyone around you.
4. Suction Power
Central vacuum cleaners have spectacular suction power as they come with a powerful motor. This means that central vacuums clean incredibly, and they don’t leave any dust particles in the surroundings.
A lot of reasons may lead to the inability of your central vacuum to work properly. If you follow our tips as mentioned above carefully, you will most likely eliminate the problem.
These are highly advisable for all those central vacuums that are exhibiting issues in any way. No problem is big or small when it comes to electronic appliances. You may also follow these tips if you simply wish to do a maintenance check of your machine.
Can I reset a central vacuum machine? If yes, how?
Yes, you can easily reset your central vacuum cleaner by simply clicking on the reset option. You will find this button on the top left side of the machine.
How to switch on/off a central vacuum cleaner?
To switch your central vacuum cleaner on/off, all you have to do is hit the switch button located on the tank of the vacuum.
How often should I empty a central vacuum machine?
The answer to the question, as mentioned earlier, may vary from one central vacuum to another based on its usage. Generally, one must empty their central vacuum machine at least once every 4-6 months. Nonetheless, you must empty your appliance even more often if you use it too much. Besides, an inefficient suction may be a huge indicator that your machine now needs to be cleared.