Rainbow vacuums are one of the best vacuum cleaners available in the market. What makes Rainbow vacuums stand out is the way they work. Rainbow vacuums don’t use a vacuum bag. Instead, they use water technology to trap dirt and dust.
Maintaining a vacuum cleaner is as important as using them to clean your house. A vacuum cleaner will start working inefficiently if you keep using it regularly and don’t maintain and clean it appropriately.
In this article, we will discuss Rainbow vacuum maintenance tips and how you can maintain your Rainbow vacuum and make it last for years to come.
Rainbow Vacuum Maintenance Tips
Let’s discuss how you can maintain your Rainbow vacuum cleaner for experiencing its optimal performance throughout its life:
1. Eliminate the Residual Dirt
Soon after you’re done vacuuming the house, take a wet towel or paper to remove the dirt left inside your vacuum cleaner. It is also a good idea to detach the water basin and clean the area under it.
Cleaning your Rainbow regularly will stop the dust from accumulating in the vacuum cleaner. Doing so will make the cleaning process easier for you.
2. The Vacuum’s Separator
It is suggested to clean the Rainbow’s separator after ten cleaning cycles or quarterly. It would be best if you cleaned the separator properly to ensure that it allows your vacuum cleaner to work efficiently.
3. Clean the Basin
You should use a clean cloth or water to clean the water basin of your Rainbow vacuum cleaner after using it. This ensures that mud, dirt, and debris don’t accumulate in the water basin.
Make sure that you handle the water basin with care as its edges can break if you drop it or heat it.
4. Remove Basin out from the Rainbow
When it comes to storing the Rainbow vacuum cleaner, you should not keep it with the water basin. If you store it with the water basin attached to it, the internal humidity won’t get a chance to get out.
This can result in mould build-up in your vacuum. Therefore, you should detach the water basin before storing the vacuum.
5. Storing the Rainbow Vacuum
It would help if you did not store your Rainbow vacuum cleaner where the temperature is extremely cold or hot or outdoors. Ideally, you should get a storage rack for your Rainbow.
Alternatively, you can also store the Rainbow and its attachments in your closet.
6. Don’t Run the Rainbow Vacuum Without Water
If you try to run your Rainbow vacuum cleaner without water, the dirt and dust trapped by the vacuum will clog its filters and damage the machine. Using your Rainbow with water is necessary to ensure that your vacuum cleaner doesn’t get harmed, and the dust and dirt particles get mixed with water.
7. Replace the Filters Whenever Required
Your vacuum cleaner’s filters should be cleaned or replaced time and again to ensure that the vacuum works with utmost effectiveness and efficiency.
8. Few Other Tips
- Make sure that you keep changing the water of your Rainbow vacuum cleaner. It would help if you did not wait for the water to get sludgy.
- You can put good essential oil in your Rainbow vacuum to get a pleasant and fresh fragrance in your house.
Vacuuming is a chore, but it doesn’t have to be. That’s why we are sharing these vacuuming tips with you; to help you learn how to vacuum your home the right way and even highlight a few household chores hacks that you can use.
Do it right, and you’ll love it — do it wrong, and you’re going to hate vacuuming (trust me on this one).
- When you’re using the vacuum cleaner to clean the carpets in your house, vacuum it many times and from several directions. Doing so will ensure that the dirt gets removed properly.
- Use the carpet power nozzle to vacuum the mattress of your bed. To clean your pillows, put them in a plastic bag and wrap the end of the bag around the nozzle. Now, use the vacuum to suck the dirt, mites, and dust from the pillows.
- The vacuum’s low suction setting should be used to clean the drapes in your house.
- You can dip a cotton ball in essential oil and put it inside the vacuum cleaner’s bag. This will leave your house smelling fresh and great.
- Use the vacuum cleaner all-around your house as a tool to dust off allergens and other unwanted particles.
- Vacuum cleaners come equipped with various valuable attachments that can be used for different purposes. Use these attachments and tools wherever necessary.
You can also watch this video to see Rainbow vacuum maintenance tips and a few things that you can do with Rainbow vacuum cleaners…
In this guide, we talked about the tips and tricks that will help you clean your Rainbow vacuum cleaner properly. Moreover, we also discussed a few generic vacuum cleaning tips that will help you use your Rainbow vacuum to its utmost potential.
We hope this article helps you maintain your vacuum with ease. We also suggest you store the vacuum cleaner appropriately to add to its life.
Can I put something in the Rainbow vacuum to get fresh air?
Rainbow vacuums use water technology to clean your home. You should put purified water or bottled water in your Rainbow to ensure that it stays clean and keeps the air in your house fresh and clean.
Why is my Rainbow vacuum cleaner not trapping dirt?
This may be because of dirt impeding in the Rainbow’s suction. You should remove the rotating brush to get a better look at the vacuum’s opening. Moreover, it would be best to check the point where the hose gets connected to the vacuum. The vacuum can also have low suction power due to improper attachment of the hose.
Is it possible for a Rainbow vacuum to work without using water?
No. If you try to run your Rainbow without water, your vacuum cleaner’s filters will get clogged, and it will impact the working of your Rainbow vacuum cleaner.
What will happen if I add bleach to the Rainbow vacuum?
Rainbow vacuums can get hampered with the use of bleach. Bleach can cause damage to the water basin of your vacuum. Moreover, it is harmful to breathe bleach, and it can cause health issues if it spreads in your house’s air.